Extract your single email file to a PST file using manual or professional methods. Here in this article, you will get your solution.
How to Extract Single Email File to a PST File – A Simple Method
MS Outlook is without a doubt the most extensively used email client in businesses and organizations. Outlook, as we all know, offers a slew of complex capabilities that set it apart from competing for email applications.
The PST format is used to store all data objects in Outlook, including calendars, emails, folders, attachments, tasks, and contacts. That is why the majority of people look for a way to extract a single email file to a PST file.
MSG is another Outlook file type, however, this one holds a single email and its attachments. Using the drag-and-drop approach from within Outlook email, the MSG format can be created.
The fact that Outlook to MSG conversion is a basic file format that can be opened and read in any text editor is the key reason why users choose it. The benefits of the MSG format are now discussed, as well as why users may need to convert MSG into PST files with a reliable solution.
Users Export a Single Email File to a PST File for a Variety of Reasons.
- Users may want to export Outlook emails to MSG files for a variety of reasons, some of which are stated below:
- Unlike emails saved in PST format, MSG emails are simple to maintain.
- The MSG format makes it easier to access Outlook email data.
- When it comes to forensics, MSG files are quite important.
- When files are saved in MSG format, the risks of corruption are reduced.
- The MSG format makes it simple to share and examine files.
- Because PST files are huge, finding the desired message is harder than finding it in MSG format.
Prerequisites for Performing the Extraction Process on a PST File
Before you begin using the manual approach, you must first complete the following prerequisites:
The most important criterion is, of course, that you take data backups. This is because if there is any irregularity in the process, you will not be trapped in a data loss scenario.
To save the MSG files, you’ll need to create a new folder on your desktop.
The steps to manually export Outlook Mail to MSG are listed below.
- Open Microsoft Outlook on your computer.
- Choose the Inbox folder to see all of your incoming messages.
- Choose the message that has to be converted to MSG format.
- Drag and drag that file to the desktop’s freshly formed folder.
- To extract MSG from a PST file, repeat these procedures for each email.
- After that, right-click the folder and select Send to -> Compressed (Zipped) folder from the context menu.
- Compression is applied to the folder. Now construct a new email and send it with the zipped folder attached as an attachment.
- You will now receive a PST file that has been manually produced.
There are Some Drawbacks to using a Manual Process.
As previously said, manually extracting a single email file to a PST file is a time-consuming process because all of the emails cannot be converted at the same time. To generate an MSG format, you must drag & drop each individual email.
This is a time-consuming process, and the user feels the need to have a simple instrument on hand. It also becomes a serious issue when there are a large number of files to convert. These issues can be alleviated by utilizing an effective third-party programme that provides users with dependable remedies.
Extract MSG from PST File Using a Third-Party Tool
Technical experts advocate the professional third-party program as the go-to method for exporting Outlook messages to MSG files. MSG to PST File Converter Tool is available for download.
This user-friendly program converts a single email file to a PST file with attachments in a matter of seconds while maintaining data integrity. The tool comes with a number of advanced features and is the greatest professional tool on the market.
This program converts PST to MSG with ease, supports several Outlook versions, and has a slew of additional useful features that help the conversion procedure go smoothly.
Notes at the End
This blog covers all of the reasons why you might want to extract MSG from a PST file. This blog also discusses the manual way. It accomplishes the conversion operation, but it also has significant downsides.
As a result, the user is advised to use an effective automated tool so that he or she may complete this conversion operation quickly and accurately while maintaining data integrity.